real life: so crazy it's funny + goals this week

Well... my to-do list didn't quite get done last week. :) I did get to blog every day (a happy challenge) and we had appointments and lots of fun outings, which took up more time. Tomorrow we're starting back to school again- I'm so ready, and I think the kids need it too. We are all needing a little quiet again.

this is the pile-up from the weekend!
I'm carrying over a few goals from last week, and I'm also trying to get back into deep cleaning a little (because you know a month off of deep cleaning with 8 people can be baaad). Here's my (very optimistic) list this for week:

:: do ::
pray alone
exercise 4-5x
start school again!
listen to worship music (at least 2x)
return dishes
finish thank you's
clean showers
clean mudroom walls
blog every day :D
catch up on laundry
go on our anniversary date
go birthday grocery shopping
make Zane's birthday dinner + cake
work on August goals

:: read :: 
Judges + Psalms

:: learn :: 
listen to 2-3 teachings/ sermons

:: be ::
easygoing. 

I need to ask God to help me be more easygoing when things get crazy. I am setting the example for my children of how you should act under pressure, and I need the Lord to help me do it well! :)

With a month of broken sleep, three kids going through adolescence and pre-adolescence at the same time, and three busy littles crying for help, some days I can feel the pressure rising with all the problems happening at the same time. :) Nothing is wrong or unusual, but we're all out of routine and I can tell it's adding up for everyone.

I feels like it's God's grace that many times when a situation feels so overwhelming it literally makes me smile and laugh out loud. Regular life sometimes feels so loud and busy it's both hilarious and surreal. :D Like this could be a tv show and it's so funny I would laugh. :D

We are certainly entering a new era of big family life with four bigs and three littles! You never know what's going to happen next around here. :)

Like busy little hands digging in the pancake mix while you're making dinner:


And toddlers over-loving their sisters: ;)


While preschoolers are playing balancing games with your camera lens cap:


Then there are blueberry faces and hands running around and then nearly being wiped on their sister's new blanket:


And toothbrushes are constantly disappearing from their drawers and ending up in random places like the hallway:


And lately Lego blocks have started to appear all over the house again:


I have a feeling we'll all remember this stage of life for a while! :P It's definitely a crazy life, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments